Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the captain of Indian cricketer and former Indian cricket team, who usually bat at the sixth position. He is a batsman and wicketkeeper. He is a 37-year-old cricketer, born on July 7, 1981, in Ranchi, Madhya-Rajput Rajput family in Jharkhand, India. He completed his schooling from DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi and later joined St. Xavier’s College in Ranchi to get a Bachelor’s degree, but due to some issues, he could not complete graduation level. When he was in school, he started learning cricket at an early age. He played well in the schools and colleges tournaments and became a local star. Since then, he started his journey and became the most successful captain of Indian cricket.
MS Dhoni Bio –
[table id=2 /]
MS Dhoni Success Story –
His journey to the Indian cricket team was really tough. He started playing cricket since his childhood. Before that, he was a goalkeeper, KR Banerjee was the person who asked Dhoni to play cricket and become a wicketkeeper. He played many local tournaments and became a local star. Although he was playing well in fact since 1998, he did not get a chance to play in the Indian team. He went to West Bengal and joined the Khadgpur railway station as ticket collector and continued his work for 3 years (2001-2003). After all, on December 23, 2004, he started his One Day International against Bangladesh against Chittagong. In the same year, he was selected for India tour of Zimbabwe and Kenya, where he performed exceptionally well. He made his Test and T-20 debut in 2005 and 2006, respectively. In 2007, he was offered the captaincy of the Indian team on the recommendation of Sachin Tendulkar, and since then, he had never taken the Indian team up to the heights. Under his captaincy, India won the T-20 World Cup 2007, World Cup 2011, Champions Trophy 2013, and India became the No. 1 Test Team and it remained for 18 months.
M. S. Dhoni, India Became T20 World Cup Winner
M. S. Dhoni, India Lift The World Cup 2011 with Virat Kohli
M. S. Dhoni with World Cup 2011
Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni holds the Test series trophy. M. S. Dhoni, India Became No. 1 In Test Rankings.
MS Dhoni Girfriends/wifes –
On July 4, 2010, Dhoni married Sakshi Singh Rawat (Sakshi Dhoni) after dating for a long time. Both are blessed with a daughter who is only 3 years old (in 2018) the name ‘Ziva’.
Before dating Sakshi, Dhoni was in relationship with Priyanka Jha, which ended in 2002. Later, he gave the date of a South Indian actress named ‘Lakshmi Rai’.
MS Dhoni Controversies –
• In 2007, 40 residents of their area filed a petition against Ranchi Regional Development Authority (RRDA) for daily maintenance and wasting 15,000 liters of water in the swimming pool when their area was under severe water crisis at that time.
• In 2016, after resisting the logical issues of the residents of Amrapali units, they resigned as the brand ambassador of Amrapali Real Estate Group after running a social media campaign.
• He was involved in tax havoc on his mortgage H2, because the vehicle required a registration fee of 4 lakh (INR) in India, but it was mistakenly registered as Mahindra Scorpio, which is 53,000 (INR) Was accused of registering. .
• After the IPL betting scandal, his name was drawn to the issue of conflict of interest to work as Vice President of India Cements, owned by N Srinivasan. However he got a clean chit later.
MS Dhoni Photos
MS Dhoni Records –
• Under his captaincy, Indian team won major tournaments in all 3 formats: the No.1 Test ranking for 18 months (2009-2011), the ODI World Cup in 2011, Champions Trophy in 2013 and the Twenty20 World Cup in 2007.
• Most number of stumpings in International Cricket.
• Most centuries at the position of No.7 in ODIs.
• Won most T20 International matches as a captain.• Highlight score by an Indian captain in Tests (224 runs).
• Most times bowled in International Cricket while playing a match as a wicket-keeper.
• Only skipper to score an ODI century while batting at No.7
• 3rd skipper ever to have captained in 300+ international matches, after Ricky Ponting (324) and Stephen Fleming (303).
• Highest score by a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs (183 runs).
• Most 6s in International Cricket as a captain.
• First Indian captain to win a Test series in New Zealand.
• The only skipper to have captained 50+ matches in all 3 formats.
• First Indian wicket-keeper batsman to score 4,000 Test runs.
• In July 2018, he made the record of maximum stumpings in Twenty20 Internationals (33 stumpings in 91 matches).
MS Dhoni Facts and Interesting Things –
- Despite being busy in the Net session, he secured 65% in his 10th board exam.
- His coach was Keshav Banerjee and Chanchal Bhattacharya.
- During the Pratibha Resource Development Wing (TRDW) match in Jamshedpur, PC Poddar (former Bengal Cricket Captain) saw huge potential in Dhoni and chose him in the Bihar U19 team in the 1998/99 season. He played well and scored 176 runs in 5 matches.
- In 2002, she fell in love with a girl named Priyanka Jha. But, sadly, that Priyanka died in road accidents.
- His international ODI debut was not a dream debut for him; Because he went out for duck against Bangladesh on December 23, 2004.
- India’s tour of Zimbabwe and Kenya in 2004 was the turning point of their lives. He was selected for the tour and he performed exceptionally well.
- Before that, he used to wear long hair for two reasons, firstly he was a great fan of John Abraham, secondly, he considered it lucky.
- He made his first ODI hundred against Visakhapatnam, a staunch opponent, Pakistan, where he played 148 off 123 balls.
- In 2006, he was voted as an MTV youth icon.
- He was awarded the ‘ICC ODI Player of the Year’ award for two consecutive years of 2008 and 2009.
- He and his wife were aware of each other since their childhood, but when they met in Kolkata in 2007, their love was set afire. They dated each other for 3 years and got married in a low profile ceremony in 2010.
- In 2011, he was awarded the rank of Lieutenant Colonel by Indian Regional Army.
- Dhoni learned his signature shot (helicopter shot) from his childhood friend Santosh Lal, who died in July 2013.
- In 2012, he became the world’s top earning cricketer (# 31 in the world) by Forbes Magazine, beat Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney and the world’s fastest man, Usen Bolt, beat popular players.
- He is the owner of a hotel in Ranchi called ‘Mahi Residency’.
- He is a pet lover and He has 2 pet dogs, a Labrador named Zarah and Sam is an escort.
- He is a bike lover and co-owner of ‘My Racing Team India’ at the Supersport World Championship.
- In 2016, he launched a fashion brand ‘Seven’ with Rhiti Group.
- In 2016, his biopic MS Dhoni: Uncold Story was released. It was rumored that he had taken 400 million (INR) from the manufacturers of his biopic.
- His net worth is $100 million (600 Crore INR).
- In 2016, residents of Amrapali units resigned as brand ambassador of Amrapali Real Estate Group after running a social media campaign after facing logical issues in the society.
- He is the recipient of ‘Padmashree’ and ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna’ award. On April 2, 2018, he got Indin’s third highest civilian award, “Padma Bhushan” from President Ram Nath Kovind.